Sun, May 29|
218 Fifth Ave
Home Alone Safety
This program teaches applicable and age-appropriate skills, while increasing and reinforcing a youth’s capacity to improve his or her own safety at home.
Time & Location
May 29, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
218 Fifth Ave, 218 Fifth Ave, Cochrane, AB T4C 2E2, Canada
About The Course
The Home Alone Program is designed to provide children 10 years of age and older with the necessary skills and knowledge to be safe and responsible when home alone for short periods of time. It will help them understand how to prevent problems, handle real-life situations, and keep them safe and constructively occupied.
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- Importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare, recognize and respond to unexpected situations, (i.e. inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
- First Aid Content:Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911), recovery position, conscious choking (adult/child/alone), feeling unwell, asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer), anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen), poisoning, insect stings, wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns)
Home Alone Safety Course
For any questions please contact Melissa. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (403) 681-5643