Sun, Jul 24|
218 Fifth Ave
Home Alone Safety
This program teaches applicable and age-appropriate skills, while increasing and reinforcing a youth’s capacity to improve his or her own safety at home.
Time & Location
Jul 24, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
218 Fifth Ave, 218 Fifth Ave, Cochrane, AB T4C 2E2, Canada
About The Course
The Home Alone Program is designed to provide children 8 years of age and older with the necessary skills and knowledge to be safe and responsible when home alone. It will help them understand how to prevent problems, handle real-life situations, and keep them safe and constructively occupied.
- Importance of responsibility and respect while being accountable for yourself
- Importance of setting and following rules around safety when staying on your own
- How to stay safe at home and within the community
- How to prepare, recognize and respond to unexpected situations, (i.e. inclement weather, strangers, unanticipated visits)
- First Aid Content:Check, Call, Care (includes phoning EMS/911), recovery position, conscious choking (adult/child/alone), feeling unwell, asthma (includes use of inhaler and spacer), anaphylaxis (includes use of EpiPen), poisoning, insect stings, wound care (i.e. minor cuts and scrapes, splinters, nosebleeds, bumps and bruises, life-threatening bleeding, burns)
Home Alone Safety Course
For any questions please contact Melissa. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text (403) 681-5643